- Things To Do
- Walkers & Outdoors
- Relaxing Activities
- Wet Weather Days
- Games Room
- Challenge Timber Trail
- Local Facilities
Facilities in the Immediate Area
Pony trekking, rambling and hill-walking in the local countryside can all be organised.
Golfing and fishing are widely available within 30 - 40 minutes.
Feeny village (1/4 mile from Drumcovitt) has:
• A Post Office;
• A Grocery shop which also sells newspapers, hot snacks, fish and chips, etc.;
• There are three pubs in the village and one just over a mile away in the other direction -a lovely walk; and
• You can have tyres repaired in Feeny, to fill up with petrol it is necessary to go either one mile or three miles.
There are three churches; each a mile from the village:
• Roman Catholic has a daily service
• Presbyterian 11.30am Sunday.
• Church of Ireland 12.00 noon Sunday.
Drumcovitt is set in a beautiful valley long enjoyed by man. There are many standing stones, Danish forts, etc. as well as other evidence of former habitations.
One of several old cottages on the farm.
Banagher Dam with its surrounding wooded slopes is an Area of Special Scientific Interest, an idyllic place to wander and enjoy the comparative quiet of the countryside- listen to the birds and the water and relax.