Drumcovitt House - A Brief History
Drumcovitt (meaning "ridge of the watching") House takes its name from the townland in which it is situated.
The original, rear section of the house was built in the 17th Century as a four-storey farmhouse on land owned by the Fishmongers.
During the plantation of Ulster (17th Century) Banagher Parish was divided between the Fishmongers' and the Skinners' Companies of London. In 1796 the rounded end Georgian front was added to the house.
The beech trees in the garden, on the farm and those on the neighbouring farm estate were planted to commemorate the Victory at Waterloo.
The first picture below is thought to date from the 19th Century, while the remainder of the pictures on this page, which were taken around the farm, are from the early and mid-20th Century.